Often happens to me to enter into friendship with the costumer of my restaurant
…so I had the idea to create this page in which I’d like to publish the greetings, questions, news and photographs that our friends, from all over the world, want to send me by e-mail.
- I just returned home to the US after a wonderful trip to beautiful Italy.
We stopped for lunch at your restaurant and enjoyed the lasagna.
Now that our trip is finished, we have agreed that your lasagna was the very best meal we had.
Thank you so much for providing the recipe so that I can try and make it for my family and friends.
- My husband and I visited your restaurant last week as part of a Trafalgar tour with our guide Jeff.
What a treat it was to eat authentic Italian food in such a wonderful setting! I will definitely try your recipes. Thank again.
Carol and Eugene from Canada
- We visited & dined at your establishment as part of a Globus tour on the 4th June 2013 with tour guide Salvatore!
We dined on the thick spaghetti which came with a beautiful pasta tomato sauce. You passed around your business cards & indicated that recipes would be available on request.
As a result we would just love for you to send us your Pasta Tomato Sauce recipe.
Bruce & Lorainne M.
- Meravigliosa lasagna
Qualche settimana fa ho visitato il tuo ristorante con un gruppo di tour Trafalgar. Ho amato il tuo lasagne! Io vivo in Michigan, Stati Uniti, e speravo che si potrebbe condividere la ricetta con me. Vorrei anche la versione vegetariana se ne avete uno. Grazie per il vostro pasto meraviglioso! Sinceramente, L. Lombardo
- Il mio ristorante preferito.
Lo sono un americano. Ho visitato il vostro ristorante 8 anni fa ed è caduti nell’amore con il vostro cibo! Sono così ansioso di tornare lì e godere ancora una volta. La ringrazio molto per il trattamento di me così bene.
Recently we stopped at your restaurant during our Globus tour with Karl.
The Lasagna was the best we ever had. We so enjoyed our time in Italy and look forward to returning. Your restaurant is on our list when we do get back.
- We all enjoyed your restaurant so much. It was authentic Italian food that one dreams about.
The fresh pasta was amazing and you were also so friendly. We will visit when we return!!!!
The Wetmore’s of New York
- Ciao Paolo
Just returned to America from our Trafalger “Italy Bellisimo’ tour with Anna DiLegge and can’t stop talking about your lasagna that we had for lunch.
I am so excited to have your recipe and will attempt to make the lasagna for my Italian family.
The lasagna was my best meal in Italy on that tour.
I pray to someday return to our homeland and revisit your restaurant.
Thank you for sharing your tasty secret.
God Bless Jim and Judy R***o
We recently visited your restaurant for lunch on our Globus trip with Silvania, our escort. Our lunch was delicious!
We had the 2 pastas, salad, wine and gelato. The cost was also reasonable. Our host was very nice, he gave us his card and now I can try to make your lasagna.
I haven’t made homemade macaroni in a long time but yours was so good I will have to make time to try your recipe. Thanks again if I get to Italy again in a few years I will surely try to stop at your restaurant again!
Bernadette Le C****e, Pennsylvania, USA
- Hello Paolo
We visited Italy last October 19 to October 29 with Trafalgar tours. Letizia was our tour guide. Before we stopped at your restorante Abergo Letizia told us to order your lasagna. May family and I loved your lasagna and your hospitality you have such great attention to detail.
Your service was fantastic and your restaurante its a beatiful. Thank you so much for your Mamma’s recipe and for making Italy that especial to visit. I hope we return to visit Italy again in our life.
Good bless you and your family. Have a merry christmas and a happy New Year. Ciao. Un saluto da Veronica, Jose, Letticia and Josefina.
From Sacramento California. U.S.A
- Good morning,
A couple of weeks ago I was at my brother’s home and he and his wife had just made your Lasange recipe. It was the most flavoursome lasagne that I had ever tasted – in fact all 4 of us who were visiting were of the same mind. We finished the dish!!!. Thank you very much for sharing your recipe with us. I am about to make the lasagne and I saw that in the recipe for the béchamel sauce is states “1/2 a stick of butter”. What would the equivalent weight be in ounces?
Kind regards, Vivien T***or
- Ciao Paolo, We visited Italy September 2009 with Trafalgar tours. Franco F. was our tour guide.
Before we stopped at your ristorante Abergo, Franco told us to order your lasanga. My husband is from Calabria and we both loved your lasanga and your hospitality.
You have such great attention to detail. Your service was fantasitic and your ristorante was very clean.
Thank you so much for your mamma’s recipe and for making Italy that more special to visit.
Viva Paolo, Viva Italia from Rudy and Bev Toronto, Canada
- Il 31 Maggio 2009 abbiamo avuto il piacere di essere parte del gruppo Globus con la guida Aida, non faccio altro che parlare della vostra lasagna
e dei “strozza preti” un giorno spero di ritornare a trovarvi ma fino a quel giorno provero’ a farli anche io qui a Melbourne in Australia tramite le vostre ricette.
Un saluto da
Viviana e Carla Pulvano
- Hello Paolo,
We visited with our Globus Tour led by Christina, just 2 weeks ago ( May of 2009 ). What a wonderful restaurant you have,
the food was marvelous and we are going to try to make your mamma’s lasagne – we enjoyed our visit to Italy, but most especially with you.
It was a special treat to be able to have authentic Italian food prepared with love and care. Thank-you for sharing.
Cathy from Lakewood, Washington, USA
- I had the pleasure of having lunch at you lovely restaurant my tour group was globus our tour director was remo
he was right it was just the best pasta i have downloaded your recipes and will share them with my family and friends-my family
think i make the best lasagne i think when they try your recipe they will agree with me yours in the BEST,
as this was my first visit to italy i will always remember your restaurant and food as the best.
Robyn C****ll qld australia
- Hello Ristorante S.Apollinare,
My family and I, along with a Globus tour group, had lunch at your restaurant last week. I would just like
to say that it was one of the best meals I had in Italy and your staff was, without a doubt, the nicest
and friendliest people that I encountered in all of Italy. Thank you very much for your wonderful
hospitality and food and for placing your recipies online.
When I return to Italy, in the near future, I will make it a point to return to your wonderful restaurant.
Very Grateful, Celina H.
Riverside, California United States of America
- Hi Paolo We visited your restaurant in November 2005. We were with Trafalgar tours with Alberto as our tour leader
The lasagne we ate at your restaurant is the best we have ever eaten I have told many of my friends about your restaurant.
Thank you for your generosity in sharing your recipe, I need to try it someday
Hoping to visit you and your restaurant again
Hedy Wong, Singapore
- Hello Just got back from my tour of Italy, what a great time we had. I ate in your restaurant with the globus tour.
MY tour director Ignazio Billera told us how great the food was, and was he right. We loved it all.
I have copies of the recipes to make at home , will try them soon. Thank youe for sharing them on your web site.
Also thank you for your hospitality.
Mrs. Pat Vi* of Margate Florida USA
- Hello my friend,
I was at your restaurant during the first week of May with the Globus tour and tour director Laura and bus driver Massimo.
We enjoyed your wonderful lasagna, and I have printed the recipe and am anxious to try to make it.
I also will try some of the other recipes on your site. I also very much enjoyed the wonderful photos.
I printed them all out to put with my own photos of my trip to Italy.
I have been many places, England, Scotland, Ireland, Korea, Cairo, Luxor, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and I love Italy the most.
I want to come back!! I am going to try to learn some Italian language so when I come back I will be able to speak it a little.
Thank you again for your hospitality and sharing your web site.
Your friend from Kentucky (USA)
- Ciao Paolo, Enjoyed my time with the Trafalgar tour just last month. Your Mama’s lasagne was EXCELLENT.
I have a friend you lives in Cesenatico & I will mention your restaraunt to him so he can visit you.
Ciao for now,
Susan T., Melbourne, Australia
p.s. hope to see you again
- Hello We came to your restaurant in late Nov 2005,just recently and loved the lasagna you made, Thankyou.
Many people make lasagna but they don’t all do it quite as well as you.
So I have been to your website-courtesy of Alberto our tour director,(who is fabulous) And I am going to use the recipe for lasagna to give to my sister,
she too loves Italian food.
In English we call it Bechamel sauce,so it is very similar to Italian.
I wish you well and look forward to some lasagna from you next time I am in Italia.
Merry Christmas and Best wishes for the New Year Buon Natale
- Greetings from South Carolina, My husband and I ate lunch at your wonderful restarurant in June. I still remember your fantastic lasagne.
I am having some friends over on Friday night and I want to try to make it for dinner. Can you tell me how many a recipe of yours makes?
I am having 10 for dinner and I am going to try to make two pans. Do you think that is enough? I really wish I had some of your wonderful wine to go with it!!!
Thank you for your recipies. I will let you know how it comes out. Blessings to you and your family. Jan B**k
- I was on a tour with Trafalgar when we stopped at your restaurant around the middle of Oct 2005.
Our tour director was Paolo.I just want to let you know that you made the best lasagne I have ever tasted.
You also made us feel so welcome and we truly appreciate that.
My mouth still waters thinking about how delicious that meal was and I’m thrilled that you have a website.
I am going to try to make it but I know it won’t be the same. Do you make your pasta by scratch? The lasagna was so light!
Thanks again for your hospitality. Judy R**m…. Ft.Lauderdale, Florida, USA.
- Im from Australia and my daughter and I were privileged to enjoy a lunch at your restaurant as part of our Insight bus tour.
I must say it was one of the best meals we had whilst in Italy – Im going to try to cook the lasagne on Sunday for a family dinner –
the daughter that shared our wonderful trip to Italy is vegetarian so she didn’t enjoy the lasagne.
However her meal was lovely too and you and you wife (or waitress) were so friendly and helpful.
It really was a highlight of a wonderful journey and we thank you so much. Your website looks great and looks in perfect English too so a job well
done. I am not sure about the spelling of the bechamella sauce perhaps thats the name in Italian it is different in English which I can give you if you want.
Anyway I thank you sincerely for a lovely afternoon. I adore your country
I was there in 1972 – wow has taken soooo long to get back – I hope I will return much sooner next time. Every happiness and success to you, your family and business.
Kindest regards, ciao Sandra
- Greetings from Sooke, Vancouver Island, BritishColumbia, Canada. We had the pleasure of lunching in your beautiful restaurant, whilst on a bus tour, two years ago.
We have talked about your food many times since then and this afternoon I found your restaurant on the Computer ( I had lost your card )
I am now trying to get my wife to attempt to copy your beautiful pasta.
You will not remember me but I spoke to you and you told us how your father was so proud of his restaurant and told you that you must carry on without making any changes.
I hope your business is doing well and hope that, one day, we shall meet again.
kind regards and best wishes, Alan Chamberlain.
- We were on a tour in End of Sept. and had a great meal in your ristorante. There were 6 in our travel group and it was just like eating at home, maybe better no clean up.
Thanks for making our trip a great one.
Dave,Nancy M***o San Jose Ca.
- My husband and I came to your restaurant last week with a Globus tour from the USA.. Our tour guide was Ornella, she had told us your restaurant was a nice family style place.
We were very happy with the food and the staff made me feel like we were at my grandmothers house having Sunday dinner. The food was excellent as was the service. This was such a nice surprise to find home cooking so far from home.
Will will stop in again on our next trip to Italy. Thank you,
Josephine and Dominic S***i
- Hello from America,
We’re going through our pictures of our exciting trip to Italy and wanted to thank you for a great memory. Not only was the food wonderful, but you made us feel as if Italy had opened its arms to us. Thank you for the meal but even more for hospitality–Italia style!
Mary E**p -El Paso, Texas
- Little while ago I visited your ristorante while traveling through Italy and I really enjoyed the everything especially the food. Since I got back to the states I have visited your web sight and tried some of the recipes you have posted. They didn’t come out quite as good as yours but still they were great. If you have any other famous recipes I’d like to try them too. Thank you for posting them and don’t worry about your English the small errors that were there are not bad at all. I am the manager of a **** in California next to Disneyland if you ever make it out this way on holiday or anything be sure to look me up. Best wishes on continued success with the ristorante and best wishes to you and your family. Brian K.
- Ciao Paolo- I want to tell you what a great time that I and my family had at your restaurant. The food and warm hospitality made your restaurant one of our favorite places on our trip. The ladies who waited on us made us feel very much at home; we returned three times and even though we came at the wrong times to eat, they invited us to sit down and start early. The family who operate the restaurant are very wonderful people-friendly and kind. We had come from California(USA) to visit my son who lives in Godo and plays baseball there. He enjoyed the food very much as well. We will tell him to visit you again and tell you “Hi!” from us. Whenever we return to Italy we will visit S. Apollinare again. We will also try your recipes-although I do not think we will equal what you serve! Also-I particularly enjoyed the roast veal(vitello)- could you tell me how you prepare it? Many Thanks and warm regards – Pete(Pietro) C***a and family- Ciao!
Thank YOU very much, as you can read in in this page there are a lot of people who writes to me as they are back at home, the persons like you and them give me the joy of doing my job in this way. I feel friendship from you and I try to make you feel mine.
- Ciao Paolo,I had your wonderful lasagna on the Real Italy Tour with Marcello Monici. He was right, your food was heavenly. Thank you for sharing your grandma’s secrets. I am going to make this for my little 90 year old Italain grandma and see what she thinks. Good luck always.
Regina R. from Long Island New York.